Friday, January 1, 2010

First Light

I am a little hesitant to start a project at the beginning of the year, in fear that I might not keep up with it. In fact, right now, I am blogging as my mother is telling me how late we are going to be for a party tonight. However, I am determined to do this. I had a rough 2009 and I am trying to ring in the new year optimistically and proactively.

Hello. I am Nella. I am in the healing process of a failed relationship, a college student whose diploma is a few years overdue, and a refugee of retail employment. They previous year brought on a few slightly unwelcomed changes in my life and this year, I am going to take it upon myself to steer it in to a different direction. I am going to make this year a happy one, and not rely on external forces to make it a good year. Last year, as an attempt to stimulate creativity, I started a project called 365 Days of Art, in which I did a pieace of art daily. Due to my flaky nature, I barely completed a month's work of art. This year, I WILL complete this project, along a few other resolutions in hopes of making changes in myself for the better (which I will share with you all in the next post, when I am not in a rush).

Now, before I start sounding like a dishonest politician making empty promises, I leave you with this year's first art of the day:

DAY 1, January 1, 2010
Title: First Light
Medium: Vector Graphic

Yes, I'm a little vain, but there is also a reason why I did a self-portrait for my first 2010 Art of the Day. I wanted to enter the year positively and what better way to do it than to paint a picture of what it is I want to be?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you. I'm looking forward this year for all of us. The only down side is the build up, but at the same time I think it will shake things up and force some of us to get active.

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails