Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pagat Caves = Happiness!

"Happiness is a choice."

During a time when it seemed like everything around me was falling apart, I would hear people say that and I would think, "what a load of CRAP." Then, after getting sick and tired of feeling sad all the time, I thought that maybe it was time to stop looking at external forces as a source of happiness. I should make my own happiness.

So I started 2010 with happiness. I spent the first few hours of the new year with awesome company, while enjoying a lovely night overlooking the ocean, under a full moon.

Then, I spent my afternoon hiking with friends to Pagat Caves. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of months now, since because of the upcoming military build-up on Guam, the area where the caves are might be closed off to be a firing range. It makes me so sad to think about it!

The beginning of our adventure

Drea, taking a picture break

My turn! Inside the cave

A little deeper in the cave

My friend Mark and me

Fresh water inside the cave. It was so refreshing!!

Light peeking through the entrance of the cave

My friend Kevin on the way to the cliff

Beautiful view! My friend Allan is in the way! LOL

Kevin, at the bottom of the cliff

Drea

Love this picture!!

Our friends hanging out at the edge of the cliff, where Drea and I refused to go.

Self-shot to capture the moment!

The view from underneath us.

Peek-a-boo!

Bonz! What a cutie pie!

Oh beautiful Guahan.

This was the path we took to get to the cliff line.

I was trying to take a picture of Drea but moved the camera and ended up with this crazy shot of the trees.

And there is my intended subject. All worn out from the hike back up.

I had so much fun and enjoyed the beauty of nature, and managed to keep up with a few resolutions. I exercised. I did my best not to rely on my friends too much for help during the hike. Most importantly, I made an effort to do something that would make me happy!

Now, here's the Art of the Day:

DAY 2, January 2, 2010
Title: Accidental Trees
Medium: Water color and Acrylic

This piece was inspired by the crazy accidental photo of the trees as seen above. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails