Friday, April 30, 2010

4 Months Eve

I predict a weekend of no sleep whatsoever. I have a good friend who is visiting for a couple of weeks, it's crunch time for school, and got the new job to keep me occupied. I kinda feel like I went in a little too deep, but for pretty much all my adult life, I've been a fan of the everyday grind. Idleness is the devils playground. I'm glad I'm going to be too busy to tend to silly little nonsense.


I just wanted to do a quick blog before I bury my head in some books. For the last couple of days, I've been a little bummed that I haven't put in a lot of effort in my 365 Days of Art, however, I've still managed to incorporate it in a lot of the things I'm doing.



DAY 114 - April 24, 2010
TITLE: Nellien
MEDIUM: Pastels

Sometimes, I feel like an alien... and this is what I would look like.


DAY 115 - April 25, 2010
TITLE: What Lurks in the Bushes
MEDIUM: Marker and puff paint

Inspired by a converstation about the creepies that could be lurking in the bushes. Yikes!


DAY 116 - April 26, 2010
TITLE: Galactic Force
MEDIUM: Pastels and acrylic

In my astronomy class, we were discussing galaxies. This is the galaxy I want to live in. :)

When I tried to do 365 last year, I started playing around with pastels and HATED them. Over the past few months, I've actually gotten better at it. I'm still not completely satisfied, but I'm finding it to be a little more manageable. I actually LOVE this piece. I wish I did it a little bigger.


DAY 117 - April 27, 2010
TITLE: Feelin' beachy
MEDIUM: Pen

These doodles are exactly what I meant by busy days occupying my art time! I took the opportunity during my break at work to mark my cup so I can reuse it again. I was feeling beachy since I started working in a bikini shop, so this is appropriate! :)



DAY 118 - April 28, 2010
TITLE: Astro Notes
MEDIUM: Pens, highlighter, and pencils

Yesterday was yet another busy day, so I'm glad to have an opportunity to take notes that required drawing. After finishing my diagram of the Milky Way, I dotted it with my pen to make it look starry.



DAY 119 - April 29, 2010
TITLE: Psycho nails
MEDIUM: Nail polish

I wanted to give my nails some TLC, but for some reason, nothing was working out. I started going at my nails with a bunch of different colored polishes until I ended up with this mess. It's so grotesque that it must be art. :P

Tomorrow, well technically, today, will mark 4 months of art. Hopefully, some inspiration will come along and that I will be able to make time to create something awesome.

1 comment:

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails