Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baking happiness

I woke up yesterday in tears. Not just damp eyes, but gasping for air, wailing from a nightmare. It was in a strange unfamiliar setting, a fair of some sort, with friends from the present and old friends almost forgotten with time, and some friends who are no longer with us on this earth. He was in the dream too. In my dream, there was chaos making me feel claustrophobic and suffocated, horrible words exchanged, and unearthing of memories that I have been spending the last few weeks trying to forget.

I was sad and angry because no matter how hard I am trying to be happy, my subconscious will not let me rest. It's a constant fight.

I suppose there will always be days like this. So I surrendered to the comfort of my sheets and attempted to amuse myself with my favorite TV shows. After a while, the feeling subsided enough and with time to turn my day around. I turned to my handy dandy resolution tree and spent the rest of the day cleaning, reading, doing art, and to break the routine, I decided to bake these awesome cookies.

I tried these cookies the other day. They were so good and put such a big smile on my face that I had to have the recipe.



Oil. Ewe!


Taking pictures with self-timer sometimes cuts your face off. :P


Mmmm.


The first batch got burned! Had to switch out the tray we were using.


Much better!!!


Another batch.


All done!


My friend Sharon, loving the cookies!

After baking, I met up with my friends at the bar where my friends had their gig. We brought cookies for our friends. I proceeded to turn my day into a great night, with the company of my beautiful girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails