Thursday, January 14, 2010

Just a Little Bit

While I was reading Love in the Time of Cholera (the second book I have planned to finish before the semester starts), this song started playing on my Pandora station:




This was my first time to hear this song and I really appreciated it, just because its simple lyrics really captures a girl's journey in learning how to love and live with herself. I read in the comments that this song was about the singer's battle with annorexia. To me, it just makes me think about any girl's battle with her own insecurities.

I was thinking about a time in my life when I thought girls who had insecurities were just completely appaling. I was about 13 or 14. Confident, and completely clueless. Just a little after that, all of a sudden: I wasn't smart enough. I wasn't pretty enough. I was fat. I was just horrible at everything I tried. I was transparent. I guess you never really understand some things until you experience them yourself.

Then slowly, you realize what you're worth. At 25, I think it's finally that time for me.

DAY 12: January 12, 2010
TITLE: Butterflyfish
MEDIUM: Ink

At the open house for the military build up, a biologist told me that there will be fatalities with the butterfly fish in the planned dredging of Apra Harbor. It made me sad. :(
For this drawing, I did pointilism and crosshatching. I haven't done this technique in a while. My fish looks a little funny because I made the tail too long :-/

DAY 13: January 13, 2010
TITLE: Lady
MEDIUM: Vector Graphic

So, I said I was going to take a time-out on doing vectors the other day. Before I did that, I decided to finally do the vector my Uncle requested me to do. So here is a vector of a lady who I do not know at all. Now, the break from begins!

DAY 14: January 14, 2010
TITLE: Flower CD
MEDIUM: Acrylic on Compact Disc

I was feeling a little uninspired this morning, to be honest. I decided to mess around with a cardboard cutout I made of a flower and some paint. Then I saw some old burned CD's sitting around in my room, that I've been keeping forever, in hopes that I could use them for a project someday. I hated the thought of just throwing them away. So here is the finished product. I think I am going to do a couple more and just slap 'em on my walls.


1 comment:

  1. I just happened upon your blog; pretty impressive. I love your ideas; very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails