Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hello, Spring 2010!

Yesterday was the first day of this semester. It looks like it is going to be a good semester. As I stated in one of my earlier blogs, I am going to make this year a good year, and not look to outside forces to make my year a good one, however, it sure helps when things are going well. :)

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to cross off everything on my to-do list before the semester started. I attended the EIS meetings, went to the beach, cleaned my room, and did the photo project for my grandmother, but due to the insane rain lately, I didn't get to go to any more beaches to do a clean-up, and I was only able to get through half of the second book I planned on finishing, and I was only able to cook two out of three dishes. The two dishes turned out awesome. The first being the cookies, and the second being my Japanese-style chicken cutlet curry. It was sooooo good!

I really like my classes this semester. I am taking international tourism which is looking to be very interesting. What I like the most about this class is I won't need to buy a book! :P I am also taking a Sociology course called "Social Movements and Change" with one of my most favorite professors in the whole campus. This year, we will be doing a project where we will do a visual presentation on how we see Guam. I am so excited for this project! I have so many ideas of what I could possibly do. I will definitely be blogging about this project.

I'm also taking a class in Astronomy. My professor seems very upbeat and seems to have her own unique rhythm. I love it. Her philosophy is, "when you learn about the universe, you learn about yourself." While in class, I was doodling:


DAY 20: January 20, 2010
TITLE: Everything Else
Medium: Pens and highlighters

I know, I know. First day of class and I'm doodling already? That's just what I do. I learned a lot today, considering it's the first day of class. My professor said that while in our other classes, we learn about what is on the earth's surface, this is the only class on campus where we will learn about everything else! :)

My fourth class this semester is Art Gallery Management, where we will learn everything about putting up exhibits from hanging up paintings, matting and framing, and promoting art shows. I'm stoked. I also found out that we can mat our own paintings. I have a couple of pieces that are in absolute need of matting!

Here's to an awesome semester! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Sounds like your classes fit you quite well... Well, at least from what I know of you so far- an artistic social activist astronom... errr... Where did that one come from? Hahaha! Should I just say "polymath" then?

    I am going to guess that you are talking about Ms. Eastlick. I had her for the astronomy part of Physical Science and some other sciences some time ago. She is fun.

    Again, funny universe- your sis, Drea, blogged about the legend of the giant atuhong that was eating Guahan. It made me think of Ms. Eastlick's wonderful self-made legend that continues where the story left off and ties the story to the constellation Scorpius. Maybe she will tell you about it one day.

    I wish you a sunny weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!!! Let me know when you hear that story! :D

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails