Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 37&38

My brother and I were debating about my project. He thinks that 365 days of art means that I have to produce 365 pieces. I, in the other hand, just think that that's INSANE. As much as I would love that, it's a little too ambitious. Some pieces take days to finish and I don't want to rush anything or produce crap just to fullfill my mission. I sat on it for a little bit and thought about what would be fair for this project. I thought about all the different components that get tied together as one piece, or the layers involved in a painting. Since what I wanted to come out of this project is to create art, practice techniques, and express myself daily, I figured that as long as I keep everything documented, then the project is in its course.

A few days later, I was working on a piece that just did not seem to be working out. I wasn't feeling very inspired either and I decided to call it quits before I end up hating the piece completely. This is where I stopped:


DAY 37 - February 06, 2010
TITLE: None yet
MEDIUM: Acrylic

It was a good thing that I stopped when I did. I totally changed direction and was inspired to try something different! I continued the next day.

DAY 38 - February 07, 2010
TITLE: Forgiven
MEDIUM: Acrylic

I was at an art show a few days ago and was really into this piece that had so much texture in it. So, with my newfound inspiration, I used a puffpaint bottle to squirt out some swirlies. Here is a close-up:


♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails