Thursday, February 11, 2010

Raining Cats and Dogs

My friend Tessa took a really cute picture of her cat Raul. I was inspired to do a mixed-media piece of the photo. My interpretation looks nothing like the photo. :-/


DAY 39 - February 08, 2010
TITLE: Raul, Unjustified
MEDIUM: Mixed - water color, charcoal, pastels, and acrylic

After a while, my piece on Raul started growing on me. I realize it wasn't so bad, it just wasn't exactly how I wanted it to turn out. I have to stop being so hard on myself, especially when I'm trying new things. To make myself feel better, the next day, I decided to do a piece on my darling doggy.

DAY 40 - February 09, 2010
TITLE: Nami Love
MEDIUM: Pastels

I was really happy about how this turned out because I'm seeing an improvement in my pastels. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails