Friday, February 12, 2010

Busy weekend ahead!

Thank God it's Friday! Not that it makes any difference, since I've put off so many of my readings and a few other items on my things to do for the weekend. Boo. This goes against one of my resolutions, so to compensate, not only am I going to take care of everything I needed to do last week, I am also going to make sure to take care of everything due next week, that I know of. I also did 2-hours of volunteering at the Isla Art Center in order to get those required hours out of the way, while the semester isn't crazy yet.

Speaking of resolutions, my friend told me about this art show that I could join. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it, but the art show would be a great opportunity to hone my talents, as well as promoting social awareness. By joining this art show, I could be a part of a movement that promotes creativity and expression. On Guam, we definitely need more of that. Although I was still hesitant, I looked into it and found out that it will land on my friend's birthday.

My friend wasn't here for her 21st birthday last year, and we're trying to plan a party for her to make up for the fact that she wasn't able to celebrate with her closest friends. So, it actually bummed me out that I can't do the show, making me realize how much I actually want to do it. Luckily, the show is quarterly. I will definitely look out for the next one and keep you all posted on how it goes.

Here are DAY 41 and 42 of 365 Days of Art:

DAY 41 - February 10, 2010
TITLE: Memo Dream
MEDIUM: Computerized graphic


This one is inspired by something I found on on "I WroteThis For You" (http://pleasefindthis.blogspot.com/). It totally appealed to the Human Resources major in me. At my previous job, I used to call memos "love letters". :)

DAY 42 - February 11, 2010
TITLE: Happy Birthday, Lola!
MEDIUM: Mixed - acrylic, water color, marker, and puff paint


My grandmother turned 86 years old yesterday! This is a little something sweet and simple to remind her that she is loved and means a lot to me. I thought this quote was perfect for the relationship I have with her. Also, she's a teacher!

1 comment:

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails