Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just Show Up

I know I'm not even 25% complete into my project, but I'm really proud of how well I'm keeping up with it. :)

My friend sent me this video. She said she thought of me when she watched it and I can see why. Take a peek:


She makes a lot of sense. I'd like to think this creative spirit does reside inside myself, but I do enjoy the thought of it fleeting. It's true. Like she said, the important thing is you show up for the work. At times when I am thinking of what to do for my 365 Days of Art, I don't exactly know where I am going with it or sometimes, I don't even know what to do. Somedays, I create some wonderful things, while on other days, when they're okay, but not so wonderful. The whole point is to take a piece of yourself and try to share it with the world.

DAY 75 - March 16, 2010
TITLE: Youth Reform
MEDIUM: Pen

As much as I love my sociology class, the readings kinda bore me to sleep, so I doodle myself awake. The reading touched on the youth reforms of the 60's and I started envisioning myself as a hippie. As you can see, it looks nothing like me, so we'll just say this is some other hippie chick.


DAY 76 - March 17, 2010
TITLE: Hello Seanna!
MEDIUM: Acrylic


For St. Patty's, instead of hitting the bars, I decided to meet my god-daughter for the first time! She's the product of two people I care about very much and she's also born on my birthday! :)


DAY 77 - March 18, 2010
TITLE: Beware!
MEDIUM: Pen and color pencils


Hello boys! LOL I don't know what it was that inspired me to draw a praying mantis, but oh well. I think she's rather cute!


DAY 78 - March 19, 2010
TITLE: Sakura Nails
MEDIUM: Nail polish


Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to take a good picture of this. Anyway, in the spirit of Sharon's Japanese-themed birthday, she wanted to get sakura nails done. I hope she liked it, because I did!

Alrighty, I'm signing off. Before I do I just wanted to tell my anonymous poster(s) that I would be thrilled it if you identified yourself/yourselves so I know who to thank for the kind words! :)

1 comment:

  1. I finally watched it! It made me laugh and nearly brought me to tears. I think I'm going to go have a conversation with my art room elf now. :P

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails