Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend unwind

Wow. I'm tired. I started off the weekend on Thursday and I had a pretty good one. I shared the weekend with good music, great company, a few drinks, and a lot of laughter. Highlights include the usual Saturday night out with the girls, bonding with my coworkers, drinks with a new friend, and singing on stage twice!

Next week should be a good one too; my baby sister friend is turning 22! She asked me to make her a flier for her party and this is what I came up with:

DAY 71 - March 12, 2010
TITLE: One Night in Tokyo
MEDIUM: Pencil and computerized graphic

It's going to be a Japanese themed party, so I thought I'd do an Anime-style drawing. Also, my friend reminds me so much of an Anime girl because of her big bold eyes. It took me a while to research the Japanese writing. Even though I know how to write in Japanese a little bit, I don't have the program to write it.

I don't really draw in this style, so it turned out a little more difficult than I expected. For instance, I tried to color this, but it just didn't look good, so I just left it as a pencil drawing. I have a whole lot more respect for anime artists!

DAY 72 - March 13, 2010
TITLE: Amore
MEDIUM: Pencil on Post-it :P

This is just a simple doodle I did while waiting for my friend Michele to get ready to go out. We just came back from a meeting for Bully's where our boss treated us with pasta from Vitale's. It was a lot of fun because I work with such great people! :)

DAY 73 - March 14, 2010
TITLE: Resolution Tree II
MEDIUM: Acrylic and computerized graphic

I didn't know what I wanted to do today. My friend Drea was saying how she wanted a new header for her blog, which reminded me that it's about time I personalized mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails