Monday, April 12, 2010

One Night in Tokyo

Last weekend, I had a blast with the ladies. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, so I have to wait for my friend Sharon to give me the pictures from her camera, but for now, I am going to share pictures from her birthday that I haven't posted because I've been insanely busy!
The girls and I love dressing up in themes for special occasions. For Sharon's birthday, it was One Night in Tokyo, which was pretty much our excuse to dress up in all things Japanese. Our first stop of the night was at the Guam Artist Exhibit show, which we were totally late for. As you can see in this picture, we are rockin these teeny hats and a giant bow, which Sharon brought back in Japan. Apparently it's huge there.

Our friend Scott, who bartends at the bar we went to came ready with his little piece of Japan. Michele and I went the Japanese school girl route. Michele was wearing knee-high's with sandals just like the Japanese tourists we see here on Guam while I decided to wear my Toki-doki shirt to look a little more Japanesey.


This is Sharon, the birthday girl. We got her a kimono from Sky Creations on Etsy.com. Drea showed it to me last year and we decided to get it because it's this awesome cross between Japanese and Victorian. We meant to send it to Sharon for her seijinsuki (Coming of Age) last year, while she was still in Japan. Of course, I'm a procastinator and it worked out anyway, since she was able to wear it for her party!
I wish I had a better picture of Drea and the kimono that she made. I'm so proud of her because she's really getting better and better at sewing. Maybe someday, I'll have a closet full of clothes by Drea. :D



I posted this picture on my previous blog, but I had to repost for a different reason. I really like this pic, but I wish I didn't look so drunk in it (and really, I wasn't at all! so what's up with that?) Anyway, a few days before the party, I was marvelling at all the female Japanese tourists that I've been seeing because I just loved their eye-makeup. So I decided to go with that for the night. I rocked out some looooong falsies and heavy eyeshadow.
My baby sister and me. Can't do a Japanese party with out peace-sign pictures. Chiisu!


This is Drea and me, with our friend Tessa. The animal ears aren't exactly Japanese, but they're kawaii enough to be! :)


CHEERS!


I love theme parties. And more than that, I love my girls! I had such a great time with them at the One Night in Tokyo party and over this past weekend and I hope we get to do it again soon.


It's Michele's birthday next week. We couldn't think of any theme ideas, but I'm pretty sure we're still going to have a great time. :)

1 comment:

  1. Luv your pics, come and check out some of my kawaii style nails at Simplekawaiinails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails