Friday, March 5, 2010

Killer Kindness

I want to start this post by sharing a quote I found on Playing Grown Up-

“ When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.” -Abraham Heschel
So I prayed that March will be much kinder than February. These past few days, it certainly hasn't felt like because I've had my share of mishaps, but at the same time, for every negative thing that has happened, there's also goodness that I've experienced.

I wanted to share that quote because it totally applies to me. When I was younger, I didn't feel very smart so I always envied those who were smart. Over the years, when I grew into my smarts, I realized that compassion is a much more valued trait. There are not enough people with heart out there. People just become to analytical and process things with their suspicious minds as opposed using their hearts to understand things. I am finding that I live in a world where acts of kindness are often misinterpreted.

Just this week, while I was trying to extend an act of genuine kindness to another individual and it was received so coldly with a mumble. Then this person walked away. This encounter made me feel so discouraged, but I stumbled upon this quote and I was reminded that there are people out there that appreciate kindness.

This unfortunate encounter, in addition to all the random mishaps this week, is not enough to dilute the goodness I experienced from other people. Even simple and genuinely kind words go such a long way, so please, do not use them so sparingly.

Here's another 365 (I'm getting them up, slowly but surely!):

DAY 61 - March 02, 2010
TITLE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!
MEDIUM: Computerized Graphic

Thanks for being a wonderful friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails