Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweetness

My niece is totally into this Filipino soap opera about little twin sisters. And of course, it follows the age old cliche of an evil twin and a good twin, where the evil twin manipulates her way into everything while the good twin is absolutely powerless. It raised a little concern because my niece seems to associate herself more with the evil sister. When asked why, she said "because you have to be brave!"

I couldn't help admire her outlook, despite the negative association. I hope someday she realizes that being brave means so much more than aggressively fighting for everything. Right now though, I am somewhat comforted by the fact that my niece practices logic behind her choices and that I'm pretty sure that she will never let herself get walked all over by people.

I worry about her health at times because she's diabetic. My grandmother let her have a little ice cream the other day and she savored every little drop of it, with each bite exclaiming with great appreciation "Mmmmm!" What a sweetheart.

Speaking of sweets, my sweet tooth seems to be evident in the last couple of AOTD:


DAY 63 - March 04, 2010
TITLE: Red Velvet Cupcake
MEDIUM: Pastels and Acrylic


Right before devouring a delicious red velvet cupcake, I couldn't help but think "you're pretty. I'm going to make you today's AOTD". I thought acrylic would be a great medium to capture the texture of the frosting. Mmm!!

DAY 64 - March 05, 2010
TITLE: Brownie Love
MEDIUM: Pastels


It seems that pastels and I have been getting along. I still don't think I'm using it properly. Oh well.My cousin sent me a batch of her homemade brownies yesterday through my Grandma who came back from the Philippines. They're such awesome yuminess! So here I am, expressing my love for them. Thanks, Ate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails