Monday, February 1, 2010

Oh Brother.

DAY 29: January 29, 2010
TITLE: Kuya!
MEDIUM: Computerized Vector Graphic

My brother wanted me to do a vector of him, so he can use it for his Facebook profile picture. All my family members thought I did such a good job, which is flattering, but I also know what that means - "do one for me too!" Anyway, since I took the time out to do this for my brother, I figured I might as well say a few words about why I am blessed to have him for a big brother.

My brother and I are four years apart. Growing up, I wouldn't say that we were particularly, close but we had a fairly loving relationship, with the occasional hate. He would constantly tease me. I would constantly cry. When he had an awesome posession, I wanted one too. We fought a LOT and my poor brother always had to take the high road.

It wasn't always bad. He'd be embarrassed to admit it, but during our childhood summers, we used to stay up reeally late and watch Disney movies together and sing along with the songs. He used to threaten my bullies for me. Also, he took responsibility of picking me up and dropping me off during my pedestrian days.

Overall, describing my brother, I would have to say he is patient and giving. Same as we were children, he still takes the high road now that we are adults. In the past, when my naive nature would steer me in the wrong direction, he would simply guide me back, instead of getting angry or rubbing my nose in my mistakes. He is also generous. He has sacrificed so much just to make sure thatI get the things I need, like the laptop that I am using to blog right now. I am thankful to have a great brother.

The other day, we were having a conversation about relationships. I said something about how it makes me angry when the plans you've made with someone are changed because your significant other breaks up with you for their personal reasons. All my brother said was, "people change. You can't fault them on that".

I wish I could be as wise and compassionate as my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails