Monday, February 1, 2010

Flower power

Despite my cycle of hangovers over the weekend, I would say it was a fairly productive one. I started my weekend a little early on Thursday when dinner with friends and stargazing for my Astronomy class turned into a few drinks. Friday morning, I swore off drinking for awhile, but as it turns out, "awhile" was later on that night when I had drinks with friends I haven't seen in a while. So, on Saturday, I decided not to take any phone calls and locked myself in my house in order to resist the call of a good party.

The rest of my weekend went something like this: paint, cook, paint, read a book, paint, and do homework. I have been wanting to paint for the last couple of weeks but couldn't really think of anything to paint. I decided to paint some flowers since flowers are always fun and always present some kind of challenge. These are the results of my weekend lock-in.

DAY 30: January 30, 2010
TITLE: Happy :)
MEDIUM: Acrylic on Canvas

Aside from wanting to paint, it was also my aunt's birthday and I wanted to do something nice for her. This painting is about to be bubble-wrapped and sent to California.

DAY 31: January 31, 2010
TITLE: Luna
MEDIUM: Acrylic on Canvas

After all the nights of stargazing and having the beautiful moon shining on me, I felt inspired to do a moon piece. For the flowers, I decided to go with the same moon theme and tried to paint moon flowers, but I don't think it turned out how I wanted to, despite all the work I put into it this weekend. The work did pay off, since I think it turned out beautifully (if I do say so myself!).

And with that, I am proud to say that I have completed my first month of 365 Days of Art. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Years ago, a friend of mine told me that he was getting into computer graphics and asked me why I wasn't tired of painting flowers and such. He is now a big time Hollywood CGI guy. Me? I still appreciate flowers. So, thank you for this.

    The full moon was exceptionally beautiful this weekend, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails