Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Token

DAY 32: February 01, 2010
TITLE: Token
MEDIUM: Acrylic on Canvas

Oh, Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I think I had that in my mind when I kicked off February with such an adorable heart piece. I got the inspiration from my favorite pair of pajamas that have gumball machines printed all over it. I made the gumballs in the shape of hearts with the thought, "when you ask for love, you pay a token".

I'm not too sure if that was the message I was trying to convey, because there is this other part of me that reads this piece as, "love is dispensable". WOW. I am bitter!

Whatever it is, Valentine's Day always seems to stir up all these thought on love. Like why, despite all the heartaches, do I still sing love songs? Why do I still draw little hearts on the margins of my notebook? Why do I get get lost in thought, curious as to whether I'll find love again?

Will I?

Can't help but wonder. Oh, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails