Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life on Mars

I have a loooong, busy day today, but I just wanted to take a minute to post yesterday's Art of the Day. We've been talking a lot about Mars in my Astronomy labs. We've actually been locating it and plotting it on our maps. Who knew that Mars was so easy to spot? My friends and I started calling it "the dirty planet" because it looks kinda just like a star, but with this orangey, yellowish hue that makes it seem kinda dingy.

Aside from the focus on Mars in my Astronomy class, Mars is also very significant to my zodiac sign, Scorpio. So here's the piece for Day 33!

DAY 33: February 02, 2010
TITLE: Mars
MEDIUM: Marker, acrylic, and computerized graphic

This is the first time I tried to use this many mediums at once. Obviously, it needs work, but I still like how it turned out.

I also didn't realize until about halfway through doing this piece that I've subconsciously ripped off Marvin the Martian. Yikes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails