Monday, February 15, 2010

Love in the Year of the Tiger

"Sometimes you have to pretend that you're happy and just fine until you realize that your pretension has become your strength to move on." - unknown

This was my little cousin's status on his Facebook account. It was a little surprising to see this kind of profundity from him, and without knowing why he posted this quote, I could somehow relate to it.

It's no secret that I had my heart severely broken last year, so my heart just goes out to anyone that's gotten hurt and was able to gather the strength to heal from it. Everyone has their own way of coping. I display the opposite of what is mentioned in this quote. Everyone who knows me knows that I demonstrate all my emotions and I like to be completely aware of them.

So, much to my surprise, I discovered something. I have discovered that missing the ex has become a habit. Yes, sir, YOU have become nothing but a habit that I've kicked. Often times, he would come to mind and automatically, I'd think, "Hmm. I miss him". The other day, when I thought that I missed him, I had to correct myself. "No, I do not miss him". I was in disbelief - I actually did not miss him.

Six months ago, I thought I was going to be miserably in love forever. I'm glad to have realized that this is not my destiny. I guess that's love for you. It's an organic process that grows from friendship, and sadly enough it sometimes dies. When you're lucky, sometimes it regenerates into something new.

So I celebrated Valentine's Day this year with the thought that I am almost healed and maybe someday, love will blossom again. :)

Let's not forget that yesterday was also Chinese New Year and we're entering the year of the tiger. With that, I give you yesterday's Art of the Day.


DAY 45 - February 14, 2010
TITLE: Happy Chinese New Year
MEDIUM: Pastels

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... I wouldn't worry too much about loving or being loved. I don't know you from Adam, but I already have a huge crush on you. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails