Monday, January 4, 2010

Things to do before the semester starts

As mentioned in the previous blog, I was bummed out that I couldn't wish my ex-boyfriend a happy birthday yesterday, since he has pushed me away. I tried to ignore the icky feeling, which worked for a bit, but I woke up this morning knowing that in his time zone, it's still his birthday. I had to figure out a way to reconcile this bad feeling, since there's this huge part of me that cares whether or not he is well. I wrote him a message:

May this year take you to all the places you want to go, to the heights your fullest potential enables you, and may this year bring happiness and love into your heart. Happy birthday to a beloved friend.

I know he isn't reading this, but maybe someday, if we can ever be friends, he'll know that he's always had a genuine friend in me.
Aside from that, I spent the afternoon watching a House MD marathon. It was making it a little hard to get stuff done, but while watching I made a list of a few things I want to do before the semester starts in two weeks.
  • Clean my room (Again. It never seems to stay clean!)
  • Go to the beach
  • Watch a movie with my friend Daniel (who I never get to see, unfortunately)
  • Do a beach/nature site clean-up (possibly Pagat Caves)
  • Go to the EIS meetings (regarding the upcoming Military Build-Up)
  • Read 2 books
  • Cook 3 new dishes

I decided to tackle the first thing on my to-do list by organizing my shoe rack. For my Art of the Day, I made shoe labels for the shoes I bought within the last couple of months. Like how some people take polaroids of their shoes to use as labels, I draw! :)

DAY 4: January 4, 2010
TITLE: Shoe Labels
Medium: Markers and Pens


Here are the labels, next to their other sisters:


Resolutions accomplished: Honing talents, being organized, proactivity, and attitude adjustment.

1 comment:

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails