Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Each His Own

After seeing DAY 1 of my 365 Days of Art, my cousin requested for a picture of my nephew who passed away in 2003. I got on it right away, knowing it would make my cousin happy.

DAY 8: January 08, 2010
TITLE: Ramon
MEDIUM: Vector Graphic

Our sweet Ramon, who we were blessed to have, even for a little while. I could only wish I could capture your life and brightness in this little artwork. I miss you!

When he passed away, a poem was handed out at his funeral. It went like this:

To Each His Own
I cannot change the way I am
I never really try,
God made me differnt and unique,
I never ask Him why.
If I appear peculiar,
There is nothing I can do,
You must accept me as I am,
As I've acepted you.
God made a casting of each life,
Then threw the old away,
Each child is different from the rest,
Unlike as night from day.
So often we wiull criticize,
The things that others do,
But do you know, they do not think,
The same as me and you.
So God in all His wisdowm,
who knows us all by name,
He didn't want us to be bored,
That's why we're not the same.
-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read some of my thoughts, I'd like to read some of yours! Your comments are completely appreciated! Thank you. ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails